Cláudia Azevedo (Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar [ICBAS], Porto University)
BA (Social Education), MSc (Education Sciences) PhD student (Gerontology)
Claudia’s principal research interests lay in the broader areas of gerontology and intergenerational field mainly, in intergenerational relationships, the sustainability of intergenerational programmes, and the intergenerational work professionals. She is currently finalising her PhD “Towards Sustainable Intergenerational Programmes: current challenges and future prospects”, at the Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar (ICBAS), in Porto University. She has been awarded a fellowship (James Martin Visiting Fellow, Oxford University) for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 visiting the Oxford Institute of Population and Ageing.
Claudia is presently mapping all the intergenerational programmes (IP), in educational setting, developed in nine municipalities of Porto. Her thesis evaluates the sustainability of IPs in 9 city councils of Oporto in order of topics such as: design of the IPs, setting, aims and the relationships among the IPs participants and the community from a plural methodology perspective.
Recent professional commitments
- Research Officer for LARNA (Latin American Research Network on Ageing) at the Oxford Institute of Population and Ageing
- Visiting Fellow at the Oxford Institute of Population and Ageing since 2013 academic year until now
- Azevedo, C. , Palmeirão, C. & Paúl, C.. Different Experiences, a New Relationship: Exploring an Intergenerational Program in One Portuguese City. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, under review April 2014.
- Azevedo, C. & Palmeirão, C. (2012). Diferentes Experiências, uma Nova Convivência. Cadernos de Pedadogia Social, 4, pp. 153-163
- Azevedo, C. & Palmeirão, C. (2012). The contribution of an Intergenerational Program to build bridges between school and community and to promote old people’s well-being and mutual learning. ELOA Conference Intergenerational solidarity and older adults’ education in community The Third Conference of the ESREA Network on Education and Learning of Older Adults. Faculty of Arts Ljubljana University. Pp. 1-11 http://eloa2012.pedagogika andragogika.com/uploads/2/4/0/1/2401961/azevedo.pdf
Links to publicly accessible reports; academic publications available on request.
- Toward Sustainable Intergenerational Eductaion Programmes: Current challenges and future prospects - poster