Research & Policy
Working Papers and Fact Sheets
Population Horizons is a collection of Fact Sheets and Policy Briefs developed by the Collen Programme research team. Key findings on Fertility, Reproductive Health and Education are presented.
Population Horizons Factsheet No.12 | Autumn 2014 | Kenneth Howse & Nana Nanitashvili
Factsheet No.12 (PDF, 957 KB)
Population Horizons Factsheet No.11 | Autumn 2014 | Kenneth Howse & Nana Nanitashvili
Factsheet No.11 (PDF, 540 KB)
Population Horizons Factsheet No.10 | Autumn 2014 | Kenneth Howse
Factsheet No.10 (PDF, 460 KB)
Population Horizons Factsheet No.9 | Autumn 2014 | Kenneth Howse
Factsheet No.9 (PDF, 569 KB)
- World Population Prospects: The 2012 Revision. Key Findings and Advance Tables United Nations, Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs 2013
- The World’s Women 2010: Trends and Statistics.
United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs 2010
- Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2010: Reaching the Marginalized
- World Development Indicators
The World Bank (2012)
- The causes of educational differences in fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Bongaarts J. (2010) Vienna yearbook of population research, 31-50.
- Fertility transition: Is Sub-Saharan Africa different?
Bongaarts J, Casterline J. (2013) Population and development review, 38,153-168.
- Women’s education and fertility transition in Sub-Saharan Africa
Shapiro, D. (2012) Vienna Yearbook of Population Research, 9-30.
- Fertility Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Falling and Stalling.
Shapiro, D. and T. Gebreselassie (2008) African Population Studies 23, 3-23.
- Aassve, A., Billari F., Pessin, L. (2013) Trust and Fertility Dynamics
- Snopkowski, K. & Sear, R. (2013) Influence of Kin on Fertility in the Developing World