Dr Lola Kola
Project officer / Social worker: University College Hospital Ibadan, Nigeria
Assistant Director of Projects.
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health, Neurosciences and Drug and Alcohol abuse. Department of Psychiatry College of Medicine University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Lead City University, Ibadan.
Dr Kola studied Sociology at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria and obtained her PhD in Medical Sociology. She worked as project director on the following projects:
- Care of Disabled Elderly in a changing society (2003 – 2005) – Welcome Trust
- Mapping of Research Actors in Mental and Neurological Disorders (2004 – 2005) – Global Forum for Health Research
- World Health Organisation Assessment Instrument of Mental Health Systems (2005 – 2006) – WHO-AIMS
- Ageing and related issues
- Caregivers of mentally ill patients
- Health services and policies