Social Integration Officer: Ministry of National Solidarity Human Rights and Gender
PO Box 6518, Bujambura-Burundi
Tel: +257 77 788530
Mr. Gashamura holds a BA-degree in Psycho-pedagogy (University of Burundi). He worked as a teacher in Secondary Schools from 1999 – 2005. Since 2005, Mr. Gashamura worked in the Ministry of National Solidarity, Human Rights and Gender as a social integration officer with particular focus on older persons, orphans, street children, people with disability, widowers and destitute children.
Key research/capacity building interests
• Older persons and HIV/AIDS
• Older persons with disability
• Older persons as family care-givers
Key methodological skills
Mr. Gashamura worked on a survey to assess the life-style and needs of older persons in Burundi. He also participated in the development of a national policy on older persons and retirement.
• Impact of HIV/AIDS on older persons.
• Level of social integration of older persons with disability into Burundi society.
• Older persons as family care-givers: A case-study on retirement