Doctoral Student, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
School of Social Sciences
Social Statistics Division
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ
Ms. Langat is a PhD research student at the University of Southampton, Division of Social Statistics. Gloria’s past publications are on topics such as contraceptive use; and spousal communication on HIV/AIDS and family planning. Prior to joining Southampton, Gloria worked with the African Population and Health Research Centre (APHRC) a non-profit research institution based in Nairobi Kenya that conducts policy-relevant research on population and health
Key research/capacity building interests
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on older people and how it is affecting their health, social and economic wellbeing
- Ageing and urbanization in sub-Saharan Africa
- Inter-generation support and social security in old age
Key methodological skills
- Quantitative data analysis
- Use of qualitative software packages such as N6 and Nvivo for coding and analyzing qualitative data.
Impact of HIV/AIDS on older people living in the informal settlements of Nairobi, Kenya.
Current engagement in capacity building