Research Assistant (Ageing and Development Program), African Population and Health Research Centre
APHRC Campus, 2nd Floor
Manga Close, Off Kirawa Road
P.O. Box 10787-00100
+254 (20) 400 1000
+ 254 (20) 400 1101
Ms Owii holds a Bachelors degree in Sociology from the University of Nairobi and is presently undertaking an on-going distance learning course leading to an MSc degree in Gerontology from the University of Southampton.
She is currently engaged at the African Population and Health Research Centre as a Research Assistant under the Ageing and Development Program. She is involved in evidence gathering, organization and analysis of data on health and wellbeing of older persons and long term care for dependent older persons as well as assisting in the publications of findings and literature reviews.
Key research/capacity building interests
- Inequalities in health-heterogeneity in health of older people and variation in comparison with the younger generation
- Life course and life course transitions- life course influences on health and wellbeing in later life
- Social care in Africa- nature of social care provision in Africa and its interaction with culture
- Policy advocacy
- Training and facilitation
Key methodological skills
- Qualitative methods-key in-depth interviews, semi structured interviews