Assistant Professor, University of Dakar
University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar-Senegal
PO Box 5035
Prof Kamadore Touré is Assistant-Professor and Neurologist Practitioner with responsibilities ranging from lecturing, to health care. His research interests range from neurological diseases to quality of services. Following medical graduation at the University of Dakar, Prof Touré qualified as a neurologist after residency at the Fann University Teaching Hospital in Dakar Senegal and was appointed at the Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, at the Faculty of Medicine, of the University of Dakar. He obtained a MPH from the University of Rome (Instituto Superiore di Sanita) and a PhD in Epidemiology at the University of Montreal. He developed a test to screen for dementia and this test is currently being used by the Department of Neurology at the Fann University Teaching Hospital. He collaborates with the Health Centre of IPRES, University of Montreal.
Key research/capacity building interests
- Stroke in the elderly
Key methodological skills
- Epidemiology, methodology of research
- Data management with SPSS
- Pilot projects on dementia in the elderly population of Ouakam 60+ (suburb of Dakar): prevalence and risk factors.
- Management of stroke at primary level in Dakar, Senegal.
- Longitudinal study on Health and Aging of Senegalese Elderly Population (planned research for the next 5 years).