Tri Budi W. Rahardjo is a Professor in Gerontology at Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia. Since March 2010 she has been Director of the Centre for Ageing Studies, Universitas Indonesia (CAS UI). Her other research commitments include an Honorary Visiting Research Fellowship, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing, University of Oxford 2011-2014, and Consultant for Ageing Programmes to the Indonesian Government and private sector since 2011. She has also been the Dean of Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Respati Yogyakarta since 2011 to 2014.
She is a member of the Indonesian Gerontology Association since 2001, member of the Board of Active Ageing Consortium Asia Pacific since 2009, and Member of the Asian Ageing Research Network, since 2011. She was also a member of the National Commission for Older Persons (NCOP) Indonesia 2005 – 2011, and continues to act as a Resource Person of NCOP Indonesia until 2014.
Professor Rahardjo was a Collaborator on a Wellcome Trust Fellowship grant awarded to Dr. Philip Kreager (entitled: Ageing in Indonesia.Funded 1997 – 2008); a Collaborator on an Alzheimer Research Trust Fellowship grant awarded to Professor Eef Hogervorst, (entitled: Salivary Phytoestrogens and Possible Dementia, Relationship of Salivary Phytoestrogens to Age Related Cognitive Decline and Possible Dementia in Indonesia, 2006-2011); a Person in charge and contact person of a Collaboration between Universitas Indonesia and Loughborough University, 2008 – 2011; and a Collaborator for a Bernoulili beurs Fellowship Grant awarded to Assoc. Professor Bastiaan Krom and Professor Van Oort, to support a PhD Program since 2008 – 2012.
Her current research interests include the fields of: Age friendly communities and cities, Intergenerational relationships, Care giving, Health and Quality of life including Dementia.
Recent Professional Committments
Teacher and supervisor of PhD students in Gerontology/ ageing issues at universities in Indonesia and Loughborough University (UK), 2000 - 2011
Researcher and teachier of Herbal Medicine at the Center for Health Research Universitas Indonesia and Indonesian Herbal Study Programme, Universitas Indonesia since 2009
Reviewer for Journal of Public Health, Indonesia for Ageing Issues since 2009
Reviewer of Journal of Clinical Medicine and Research 2010
Reviewer of Kalbe Farma Research Award, API Conference, Makasar, 2011
Reviewer of Indonesian Medical Journal , 2011
Reviewer of Journal of Nutrition Health and Aging , 2010
Reviewer for Journal of Population Studies, NUS, 2011
Reviewer for the AGE Meeting of Council for the Third Age, Singapore, 2011
Resource person for TV Programme on Ageing Issues, 2005 -2011
Person in Charge for SEAC (South East Asian Countries ) Yearly Meeting conducted by NCOP, 2007–2011
Coordinator of SEAC and ACAP (Active Aging Consortium Asia Pacific) Meeting, Bali (Indonesia), October 13–14, 2011.
Principal Investigator on a National Commission for Older Persons grant, entitled Home Care and Day care in 4 Provinces: Jakarta, Yogyakarta, East Java, Bali and West Kalimantan . Funded July - October 2010 .
Principal Investigator on a National Commission for Older Persons grant,entitled Age Friendly Community in 10 Provinces: Jakarta, Yogyakarta, West Java, Bali and West Sumatra. Funded July - October 2011
Principal Investigator on a National Commission for Older Persons grant , entitled Intergenerational Solidarity in 5 Provinces: Jakarta, Yogyakarta, South Kalimantan, Bali and West Sumatra, East Java, Aceh., West Java, Central Sulawesi, East Java . Funded July - October 2011
Consultant for Age Friendly Communities and Facilities since 2011
Recent Publications and Presentations
Hogervorst, E, Sadjimin, T, Yesufu, A., Rahardjo, T. (2008). High Tofu Intake is Associated with Worse Memory in Indonesian Elderly Men and Women Dementia; EPub July 16th (online journal) 2008
Eef Hogervorst, Toni Sadjimin, Lindawati Kusdhany, Wita Anggraini, Yudarini, Vita Priantina Dewi, Amina Yesufu, Philip Kreager, Tri Budi W. Rahardjo. Hormones, Cognitive Function and Dementia. (Book Chapter) Cambridge University Press, 2009.
Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Tony Hartono,Vita Priantina Dewi, Eef Hogervorst and Evi Nurvidya Arifin. Facing the Geriatric Wave in Indonesia (book chapter). Financial Conditions and Social Support in Older Persons in South East Asia. Evi Nurvidya Arifin and Aris Ananta (eds). Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2009
Eef Hogervorst, Stephan Bandelow, and Tri Budi W. Rahardjo. Functional Ability and Fitness May Partly Explain the Relationship between Physical Activity and Health Related Quality of Life. Submitted to British Journal of Occupational Therapy (23 January, 2011)
Linda S Kusdhany, Elza I Auerkari,Dwi A Suryandari,Tri Budi Rahardjo, Journal of the Japanese Society for Disability and Oral Health. Vol 31 No 3 September 2010,ISSN 0913-1663
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Vita Priantina Dewi, dan Tim Lintas Sektor.Sistem Pelayanan (Delivery System)Dalam Pendampingan Dan Perawatan Di Rumah (Home Care) Bagi Lanjut Usia di Indonesia. Kemensos RI, 2010.
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Vitalia Susanti, Zainul Hidayat, Sri Moertiningsih Adioetomo, Hariadi Hadiwuwarno, Vita Priantina Dewi, FX Bambang Guritno. The Profile of Indonesian Aged Population With Level of Disability and Its Determinants.Book Chapter in Ageing, Gender, Health and Productivity.Page 1-16. UI Press, Jakarta, 2011
- Eef Hogervorst, Sabarinah B. Prasetyo, Lindawati Kusdhany, Yudarini, Subarkah, Sigit,
- Henry Setyawan, Dewi Priandini, Fidiansyah Munir, Raden Ira Ismail, Philip Kreager, Stephan Bandelow, Paula Griffiths and Tri Budi Rahardjo. Optimal Ageing, Dementia, Gender and Socioeconomic Status. In Ageing, Gender, Health and Productivity.,p 60 – 75 ,UI Press, Jakarta , 2011
- Linda Kusdhany , Elza Ibrahim, Tri Budi Rahardjo, Hogervorst E.Potential Factors to Predict Osteoporosis Risk in Indonesian Postmenopausal Women. “MenopauseState of the Art” published by International Menopause Society (ISBN 978-8871419244)
- Elza Ibrahim, Linda Kusdhany, DA Suryandari, R Puspitawati, Yunaini L,Tri Budi Rahardjo, Hogervorst E, Christopher Talbot. “Polymorphysm of RANKL and other Potential Risk Factors to Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Indonesian Women. Menopause State of The Art” Published byInternational Menopause Society (ISBN 978-8871419244)
- ·Hogervorst E, Linda Kusdhany, Rahardjo TBW. An Early Age at Natural Menopause CouldAccelerate Age Related Cognitive Decline Implication for Treatment. Menopause State of the Art. Published by International Menopause Society (ISBN 978-8871419244)
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo et al.Understanding Gerontology and Geriatrics. National Commission for Older Persons.Jakarta, 2011 (ISBN 978-602-99798-0-0)
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Vita Priantina Dewi, Sri Moertiningsih Adioetomo, Eef Hogervorst, Yudarini, Subarkah. Proceeding Tenth Islamic Countries Conference on Statistical Sciences. The American University in Cairo, 2010.
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Vita Priantina Dewi, Subarkah, Yudarini, Sudijanto Kamso, Philip Krager, Eef Hogervorst. Social Activities and Possible Dementia among the Elderly in Sumedang and Jakarta. Annual Scientific Meeting, Indonesian Medical Gerontology Association. Jakarta , May 2007
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjoand Nugroho Abikusno. Ageing Policy and Programme Development in Indonesia. The 8th Asia/Oceania Regional Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics. Beijing, China October 22-25, 2007.
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Atik Kridawati, Tri Suratmi, Is Julianto. Health Status of the Elderly and Their Activities in the Family. The 8th Asia/Oceania Regional Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics. Beijing, China October 22-25, 2007
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Vita Priantina Dewi, Subarkah, Yudarini, Philip Kreager, Eef Hogervorst. Mental and Social Activities and Possible Dementia among the Elderly in Three Indonesian Community. Spring School on Ageing, Oxford Institute of Ageing, University of Oxford, UK. Oxford, April 14 – 18, 2008.
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo.The Role of Dental Professionals in the Development of Wellness Program in Ageing. FORIL, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Trisakti. Jakarta 7 – 9 August, 2008
- Joko Kusnoto, Himawan, Tri Budi W. Rahardjo. Utilization of Preferred Facial Profile Cephalometric Parameters to Increase Orthodontic Patient Satisfaction (A Computer Model Study on Indonesian Deteromaly Race). International Conference on Advanced Computational Intelligence and Its Application (ICACIA 2008). University of Indonesia, September 1st – 2nd , 2008
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Siti Hariani, Atik Kridawati, Sulastini, Kuncoro Harimurti, Susilo Wibowo, Subarkah. The Profile of Age Friendly Primary Health Care. A Case Study in Jakarta. Horiba – APRU, 2008. Tokyo, Japan.
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Asviretty, Toni Hartono and Inten Soeweno. The Role of Age Friendly Primary Health Centers to Support the Oldest Old Care Giving, in Indonesia. The Oldest Old Conference, Kerala India, February, 2009
- Aloysius Baskoro Junianto, Juny Gunawan, Tri Budi W. Rahardjo. Sports Leisure Outdoor Equipment Design for Senior Citizen, A Case Study in the North Jakarta Region, Indonesia. International Convention on Rehabilitation: Engineering and Assistive Technology. Shanghai China, 21 – 24 July, 2010.
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo, Vitalia Susanti, Zainul Hidayat, Vita Priantina Dewi. Enhancing Work Ability for Older Persons to Build Small Skill Business. A Case Study in Rural and Urban Areas, Fukuoka ACAP Conference, October 2010
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo et al. Promoting Age Friendly Community: Empowerment of Entrepreneurial Skills and Health Behavior among Young and Older People in Palu, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia.Fukuoka ACAP Conference, October 2010
- Tri Budi W. Rahardjo et al. The Demographic Trend In Population Ageing and the Role of Dental Professional in Preventing Cognitive Declining, and Improving Health Status and Quality of Life in Indonesia. Conference on Ageing and Disability. Tokyo, October 2010
Tri Budi W. Rahardjo et al.Intergenerational Relationships in Indonesia. Workshop on Changing Intergenerational Relationshiops In Europe – Asia. Oxford Institute of Ageing, University of Oxford. December 2010
·Tri Budi W. Rahardjo. Withdrawing Life Support among Older Persons. A Case Study in Jakarta. International Workshop for Policy Statement on Eutahanasia in India. New Delhi, 6 August, 2011
Tri Budi W. Rahardjoand Vita Priantinadewi. Addressing Population of Ageing and the Development of Research, Education/Training, and Services at University of Indonesia. Conference on Comparative Policies and Priority Issues for Older Persons in Asia. NUS – ILC , Singapore 17 -19 August, 2011