Professor Sarah Harper and Dr George W Leeson discussed changing fertility rates and the impact of a change in age of national and global populations in a series of interviews with media over the past week.
The latest global estimates published in a special issue of The Lancet, highlight a remarkable decline in fertility rates around the world, leading to some to call for women to bear more children. But is this misguided?
- BBC Radio 4: Interview with James Gallagher followed by an article 'Remarkable' decline in fertility rates, BBC news
- BBC Radio 2: Jeremy Vine - Armistice Day Centenary. Listen to George Leeson at 8.35 minutes into the programme.
- BBC PM at 5pm. Listen to George Leeson at 26.30 minutes into the programme.
- Voice of Islam: Breakfast Show Podcast 19-11-2018. Listen to George Leeson at 58.02 minutes into the podcast
- ÖSTERREICHISCHER RUNDFUNK, ORF (The Austrian National Radio)
- France 24
- Global Decline in Fertility Rates Shocking, The Daily Eye
- BBC World Service Radio Interview - Why women are having fewer children.
- BBC TV News
- BBC Wales (radio)