Nana holds an MSc in Environmental Change and Management (2003) from the University of Oxford. Nana is the Institute’s Senior Research Coordinator and the Managing Editor of the Journal of Population Ageing (Springer). She co-ordinates the Institutes seminars and workshops and is also responsible for curating the Institute’s web and social media platforms in order to ensure that research and achievements are effectively communicated.
Nana works closely with the Director, Professor Sarah Harper on a variety of research projects:
- The DAI@Oxford Programme
- 'Foresight Trends: Future of an Ageing Population', part of Future of ageing and Foresight projects.
- 'Migration and Global Environmental Change: Future Challenges and Opportunities' commissioned as part of the UK Government’s Foresight Project 'Migration and Global Environmental Change'
- Brill’s Critical Readings Projects on Ageing in East Asia commissioned by the Dutch scholarly publishing house BRILL.
- What will the age profile of the population mean for notions of identity in the next 10 years?
- The Oxford Programme on Fertility, Education and Environment, developing interactive data visualisation to explore the importance of education as a driver of fertility reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Future of Cities: Climate Change and Population Ageing – Conflict and Convergence” funded by the Oxford Programme for the Future of Cities within the Oxford
Links to publicly accessible reports; academic publications available on request.
- Contraceptive methods used by younger women: Sub-Saharan Africa
- Contraceptive methods used by younger women: South Asia
- Infant Mortality and Fertility
- Female Education
- Adolescent Fertility and Child Marriage
- Fertility and Population Growth
- Introduction: Critical Readings Projects on Ageing in East Asia