Theodore joined the Oxford Institute of Population Ageing in 2016 as a Research Fellow. He holds a Canadian Institute of Health Research Postdoctoral Fellowship, Simon Fraser University & University of Oxford 2016 – 2020 to conduct a project: “Resilience and healthy ageing across the life course: A multi-cohort longitudinal analysis of psychological wellbeing and physical adversity”. Supervisors: Professor Sarah Harper, Professor Andrew Wister. The project aims to examine early- and mid-life indicators of resilience and healthy ageing using data from the 1946 British Birth Cohort Study (MRC National Survey of Health and Development) and to contextualise these findings within a policy framework.
Theodore is a Chartered Psychologist (British Psychological Society) trained in research methods (MSc, Trinity College Dublin) and epidemiology (PhD, University of Cambridge).
His primary areas of interest are in the positive aspects of ageing, e.g. resilience, applying longitudinal modelling techniques within a life course epidemiological framework, and the policy implications an ageing population.
Links to publicly accessible reports; academic publications available on request.
- A Systematic Review of Physical and Psychological Health and Wellbeing of Older Women in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Lay-person defined successful aging
- Health behaviors and multimorbidity resilience among older adults using the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging
- Conceptualising and operationalising resilience in older adults
- Mobilizing mHealth Data Collection in Older Adults: Challenges and Opportunities
- Development and Concurrent Validity of a Composite Social Isolation Index for Older Adults Using the CLSA
- Immune aberrations in obsessive compulsive disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Psychosocial aspects of successful ageing and resilience: critique, integration and implications.
- Reliability and validity of the Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale in a population-based cohort of US adults
- Physical activity, dog ownership and falls among older adults: a breed apart
- Socioeconomic inequalities in resilience and vulnerability among older adults: A population-based birth cohort analysis
- Dying comfortably in very old age with or without dementia in different care settings - A representative "older old" population study
- Education and Successful Aging Trajectories: A Longitudinal Population-Based Latent Variable Modelling Analysis
- Healthy ageing, resilience and wellbeing
- Relationship between depression and frailty in older adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- A Novel Examination of Successful Aging Trajectories at the End of Life
- The epidemiology of back pain and its relationship with depression, psychosis, anxiety, sleep disturbances, and stress sensitivity: Data from 43 low- and middle-income countries
- Inflammation and Frailty in the Elderly: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Operationalising resilience in longitudinal studies: a systematic review of methodological approaches
- Resilience measurement in later life: A systematic review and psychometric analysis