Adela returns to the Institute as a Research Fellow. Prior to this she was an Academic Visitor for the periods 8 - 18 February 2017 and June-September 2015.
She has successfully defended her doctoral thesis "Senior tourism: determinants, motivations and behaviour in a globalized and evolving market segment" at Deusto Business School, San Sebastian, Spain.
Adela Balderas is a Professor at Cámarabilbao University Business School, Lecturer at ESIC Business & Marketing School, Assistant Professor at Bachelor Degree in Gastronomy and Culinary Arts, Basque Culinary Center - University of Mondragon, Spain and Master's Director at the same faculty. Consultant for the hospitality industry in marketing, business and communication skills, she has a wealth of teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels. She is a Guest Lecturer at several International Universities and Speaker at International and National companies. Adela researches senior tourism, its contribution to an active and healthy ageing.
Links to publicly accessible reports; academic publications available on request.
- Senior Foodies: A developing niche market in gastronomic tourism
- Senior Travelers: an Emerging Market Segment in Gastronomy Tourism
- Senior Tourism: Determinants, motivations and behavior in a globalized and evolving market segment
- Senior tourism: An emerging and attractive market segment for destinations
- The Silver segment: a case study on how to adapt marketing strategies to segmentation opportunities in the hospitality industry
- Leisure Travelling and its Link to an Active and Healthy Ageing